Download & Edit from another Site **

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

leachim

I have been asked to modify a Charity's website.

I have Frontpage 2000 and have used the import function to copy all pages and images to my hard drive.

However, it contains frames and it is not displayed as it is on the Web. It is missing sidebar with links...

Can anyone suggest another Web Editor (maybe free) that can _import_ a site for editing and uploading.

My Frontpage is 8 years old :eek:

Thanks

If you were asked by the website owner, then just ask him/her for FTP access. Then you can edit the actual files, instead of just copying them.

I am in a similar boat -- asked to update an existing website for a charity. I need to figure out what software to use/recommend. Previous webmaster used Frontpage, which I don't have and is no longer Microsoft-supported. I have FTP access but the .htm files are complicated. Any suggestions re: web design software or editors?

If it's still using frames, I'd go for a complete redesign/recoding if you have the time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online