1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Download for my motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EdGreene, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EdGreene

EdGreene Banned Thread Starter

Hi.

I'm looking for a upgrade/drivers for my Creative #M003 motherboard w/on-board Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1. Creative does not have or support either.

And if this is not a Creative #M003 motherboard, what technique do I use to determine which motherboard it is?

EdGreene, SBC DLS user

450 MHz Plll
    448MB RAM
    Windows98SE

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

3. TOGG

TOGG

If telecom 69's link doesn't solve your problem look at this site;

http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

AIDA32 is a program which will tell you everything you need to know about your system (and lots you don't). It's free and quite a small download. As with any utility, if you decide to try it, make sure that you read and understand all the instructions.

Because it only collects information already held on your system I assume that it shouldn't change any files or settings while doing it. If you do decide to try it, be aware that there is something called a 'preview' version released earlier this week which may still be a bit buggy. I have v 3.20 released on 13/12/2002.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

That link would work a lot better if you didn't append a bunch of ..... to it. :rolleyes:

5. telecom69

Hey TOGG thats a great link you sent thanks ......

6. TOGG

TOGG

telecom69,

Yes, my life was strangely incomplete until I found out how many transistors my CPU has and just how fast its cooling fan was rotating!!!.

Seriously, I should think if you were in charge of IT for a small network and your predecessor hadn't kept good records, AIDA32 could help you keep your sanity, and your job.

7. telecom69

:D Seriously,I liked it ....honest.....;)

8. TOGG

TOGG

Obviously I've overdone the irony again. I don't just like this program, I think its brilliant!

Whats more the creator, Tamas Miklos, will not accept money for it. All he wants is feedback from users re: wrong links etc. and information on new hardware/systems so he can keep up to date.

If you install his program and register it, you should get notification of updates.

9. EdGreene

EdGreene Banned Thread Starter

I used the programs but found exactly nothing about who actually manufactured the Motherboard.

Without that information, I guess I'm toast.

10. telecom69

Hi again,have you got belarc advisor on your computer?that should tell you who manufactured it,if no go to www.belarc.com
    and click on the download at the top of the page to download it,when you run it look at the top right under main circuit board ....hope this helps ;)

11. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Belarc is hardly the silver bullet for identifying your MB, here's what it says for my AOpen AX4B Pro-533, a reasonably popular board from a major maker.

Board: 3 9188M10102
    Serial Number: 00000009JE13
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 07/23/2002

12. telecom69

Instead of criticising everybodies post johnwill why dont you offer some constructive comment,this is not the first time Ive had sarcastic comments from you,if you have nothing to offer dont answer,at least Im trying to help not hinder,which is more than can be said for you

13. TOGG

TOGG

Ed Greene,

It's surprising, but not impossible I suppose, that your motherboard didn't appear in AIDA32's database of 5442 mobos.
    What did it say about your CPU or memory?. Were those details correct or is your whole computer a complete mystery?.

Also, although it may have no significance to your problem, why do you think your mobo is by Creative?. I know they make sound and video cards, keyboards and speakers etc but their website doesn't mention motherboards. Could your comp be so old that another company called Creative could have made components and then gone out of business?.

14. Hairy

Hairy

15. TOGG

TOGG

Looks like Hairy gets the cigar!

Presumably, Creative stopped making motherboards, hence no mention of them on their website now.

It's interesting that my motherboard is probably as old as this Creative one (if not older) but it still appears in the AIDA32 database. Whatever, this seems to be the information needed.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice