1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Download iMessages to PDF/Word

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by olabola, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. olabola

olabola Thread Starter

I have an iPhone 6 and have never deleted my messages with most of my contacts. I recently noticed that my phone is rather glitchy and checked my storage and it's super full. I deleted all the apps I no longer use and moved my pictures to my computer. But it seems that the text messages are still taking up a lot of space. I am hesitant to delete my messages because of sentimental reasons. Is there a way to download or export the messages to save elsewhere? Thanks in advance.

2. Sponsor

3. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

One way to do this would be using iExplorer; however, it costs $39.99.

4. olabola

olabola Thread Starter

Yikes! I was hoping for a more budget friendly option...like free?

5. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

You could do a backup to iCloud. That would store your messages. Be careful as every time you backup the iPhone it might delete the backup with the messages

6. olabola

olabola Thread Starter

I try to do a backup on my mac regularly but my icloud is full, does that mean that my mac isn't saving them? And if they are saved how do i access them?

7. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

When you get close to your storage limit on iCloud, the next time you make a backup, iCloud will delete the oldest backup and replace it with the new version..

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1187834