Download/Internet Speed Limited - Any Ways Around It?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scyrusurcys

I'm on college campus internet and my internet download rate is limited to about 20KB/s somehow. This is with IE7 and FireFox. BUT! If I use Download Accelerator Plus to download things with, it somehow bypasses this "filter" and I can get speeds of up to 300KB/s.

My question is, since a faster speed IS possible for me, is there an internet browser that could somehow bypass the speed limit that I'm restricted to browsing, just like DAP did?

Any "way around it" would be considered "hacking" and against the forum rules. Unlikely that you will get a response.

The limit is usually imposed to ensure everyone gets their share, if you want more than your allocation of bandwidth, everyone else suffers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts