download lockout program has my me locked out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tomcat31875

I downloaded a desktop securtiy lockout program from http://www.dynamicdesigns.co.uk on December the 20th, 2005. I didn't like the way it performed so I uninstalled it through Add/Removve programs. It didn't uninstall all of the program it left a exe file named FileBlock.exe so when I tried to uninstall it, I got redirected to a website where you had to download an uninstall program to uninstall the FileBlock.exe. So I did that and followed the instructions that I was given and then ran the Uninstall program and then restarted as I was instructed. When I rebooted it was as if the program was still there, because it denied me access and told me to contact my system administrator. But there is no way to get to the Password prompt for the lockout program so I could enter my Admin password. That I set when I download the program. I can't access any of my setting options in my control panel, C: and D: drive are locked so I can't use the registry cleaner or the repair install CD, and all of my programs are locked also. The only way to get online is open the control panel and then type in the web address directly it. It tells me "You do not have access to this program, due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." So what can I do to resolve this issue? Or should I just put a .45 slug through it... Please help me.......

Hi tomcat31875,

Can you do a System Restore back before you downloaded the desktop securtiy lockout program ?

You say you can access Control Panel but can't open any of the items. Can you open Add/Remove?

Your System Recovery CD should be a boot disk. You could give the following a try. Put the CD in your CD/DVD-ROM or CD-RW drive & reboot your computer by disconnecting the power so it will go through the power up sequence & you should see "Press any key to boot from disk". If you don't, BIOS may not be set properly.

A word of caution. If you can boot from the CD & recovery starts, you will lose all you have on your computer as System Recovery will normally format the drive & put everything the way it was when you first got the computer.

When you mention C & D drive, do you mean partitions ?

Regards,

Hawk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online