Download Manager works but browser gives 403 error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PrinnyKing

Hi. I'm developing an application that has to download files from a certain website, but I get a 403 - Forbidden error. The thing is, strange enough, that both JDownloader and IDM download the files just fine. But, on the other hand, if I put the address manually into Firefox, I get the same 403 error.

So, in short...

Web browser: Error 403
Wininet object: Error 403
IDM: OK
JDownloader: OK

I'd really want to download the files from my software without having to resort to third party applications, but I have to overcome this 403 problem. Does anybody know why this happens and any possible way to fix it? Do JDownloader and IDM have a special way of downloading files and accessing websites other than wininet?

Thanks in advance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online