1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Download manager

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nvrsummer2, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nvrsummer2

nvrsummer2 Thread Starter

Im getting a weird message evrytime i try to download something. After the screen where I select which folder I want to put the file I get that box telling me that i need to go online to find the apropriate program. The file extension is also something ive never seen before. It says msn23.downloadhost. The number also changes everytime i try to get something new.

2. spackler

spackler

Sounds fishy, Do you have msn as your isp?

3. roban

roban

Might be a java problem. Do you have java enabled on your browser? Try windows update to see if you need virtual machine updated.

4. nvrsummer2

Yes I am using msn premium from verizon. I Just did a reinstall of XP. I tried windows update but didnt see anything about Virtual machine. Im not sure if or how to use Java on my browser. Also sometimes the pistures wont load on the webpages. I get those little boxes with the x through them. Does that relate at all??Thanks

5. nvrsummer2

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

You entitled your post "Download Manager". Do you use a download manager, like DAP, DownloadExpert, Mass Downloader, or any other?

7. nvrsummer2

No its just the Manager in MSN8 and Premium. I havnt added anything. I click on the page where it asks where i want to put it and it says that it has to go online to find the program to open it... It usually says msn.downloadhost...or something about "torrent"

8. nvrsummer2

9. Snugglebug

Snugglebug

10. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try re-installing MSN.

11. nvrsummer2

I tried reinstalling and it worked for a bit. But now its back. I just reinstalled XP. It worked fine before. I did all the windows updates and updated MSN and Msn messanger. Very weird....

12. TheGreatDjinn

TheGreatDjinn

Do you have any Registry Cleaners or something?

Did you perform a scan on the computer before the error appears again?

13. dboyer74

dboyer74

I have the exact problem. Did you find a fix?

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/248359

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice