1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

download.microsoft.com desperate help

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cmcb001, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cmcb001

cmcb001 Thread Starter

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I tried your link and got this error message:

The page cannot be found
    The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

The download.microsoft.com server is up and running but it can not give you the page or file in the URL. Where did you get that link? If it was from another web site, the operator of that site may have an outdated link.

3. cmcb001

cmcb001 Thread Starter

Hi I was trying to download MSN from microsofts own web site and when the download didn't start I clicked on the link that said "if the download dosn't start in 30 second click here" and that was the message that I got on a new tab.

I also get a similar message if I try to download updates for office manually and automatic downloads also fail

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I just tried to download MSN Messenger 6.2 for Windows and I got a pop-up asking if I wanted to try a Beta version of Microsoft Download center. Do you have any kind of pop-up blocker running? If not, then I will have to admit I am out of ideas as to why you can not access the download site. I have no idea if there are viruses with this type of behavior.

5. cmcb001

cmcb001 Thread Starter

Perhaps its because I am running Leopard on a mac but either way thank for your help

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice