1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Download on ipad becomes greyed out file in Files

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by rumi, Jul 27, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. rumi

rumi Thread Starter

Hi thanks in advance.

Many times I try to download or save something on ipad and it ends up saving it to “Files” in ios. But when I try to open it, it just comes up grey with the name of the file and “Data” underneath the name. I can’t do anything with the file.

What is happening ??

2. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Click on the File and then click on Properties. Make sure it's set to Everyone can RWE (or simply set it to your level).

3. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    What type of file?

4. rumi

rumi Thread Starter

amytoo, seems it is a .sgf file

brooklyn, I can't click properties on my ipad ( I dont think ???) but if I touch and hold on the file and select "info"
    I get this file information IMG_2367.PNG but if I click the file to try to open it, I just get a screen like this ..... IMG_2368.PNG and nothing clickable on that screen ???

5. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    What app is installed that can open it?

6. rumi

rumi Thread Starter

Amy, this may be the root of the problem, I didn’t know I needed an app to be able to read files ?? I guess I just assumed that ios would handle the files itself. What apps are there ?

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Looks like some type of game file called Go. Look for Go Expert - SGF Editor in the App store

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice