Download on ipad becomes greyed out file in Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rumi

Hi thanks in advance.

Many times I try to download or save something on ipad and it ends up saving it to “Files” in ios. But when I try to open it, it just comes up grey with the name of the file and “Data” underneath the name. I can’t do anything with the file.

What is happening ??

Click on the File and then click on Properties. Make sure it's set to Everyone can RWE (or simply set it to your level).

rumi

amytoo, seems it is a .sgf file

brooklyn, I can't click properties on my ipad ( I dont think ???) but if I touch and hold on the file and select "info"
I get this file informationIMG_2367.PNG but if I click the file to try to open it, I just get a screen like this .....IMG_2368.PNG and nothing clickable on that screen ???

rumi

Amy, this may be the root of the problem, I didn’t know I needed an app to be able to read files ?? I guess I just assumed that ios would handle the files itself. What apps are there ?

Couriant

James
Looks like some type of game file called Go. Look for Go Expert - SGF Editor in the App store

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online