1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Download online video-simple PLEASE

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by penguin1022, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. penguin1022

penguin1022 Thread Starter

I would like to download a video from a website showing old TV shows. i can do youtube via savefrom.net. But this does NOT work for me at the other video address.
    PLEASE! I have lookednat most all the suggestions. But either they don't work or it would take a tech to understand and use. One dumb comment was to copy and save as.. Come on that works with a photo not a video.
    I want to be able to watch when i don't have accress to Internet.
    Older guy here.. just easy and simple. Its like the posts i have seen know how-but don't want to tell anyone.
    I know this can be done as i do download old TV shows from youtube. So how is it done.
    Thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi penguin1022, and welcome to TSG.

Does the site in question allow downloading of their content? If so, please provide the URL of the site so that we can check it out. If, like YouTube, the site does not allow downloading their content, then we will not be able to assist you.

3. penguin1022

penguin1022 Thread Starter

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    The first video on the page, the creepy clown commercial, is from YouTube and YouTube prohibits downloading content from their site. We can not help you with that one.

The second video, the rickshaw racer commercial, is from the Internet Archive web site and they do permit downloading of the content. The icon that looks like the front of a building with four pillars is a clickable link to information about the video on the Internet Archive website ( https://archive.org/details/dmbb33856 ). That page has download links for the video in various formats.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice