Download Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tunelljc

Thought I had posted this question before but can't find it. So I'll try again.
When I try to download some program (eg adaware) I get a pop-up error with an error message that says
"C:\Documen....\...\local...\temp\
then a file name
then could not be saved because the source file could not be read"
When I look in the c:\Documen....... directory the file exists but has 0 size.
When I close the pop-up error, the file goes away.
Anybody have a suggestion.
Thanks,
JCT

I'm not certain what is going on, but check your Browser > Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and scroll down until you see if "Download files" is enabled.

Also, do you have a firewall?

firewalls, proxies, etc. could screw with your downloading...also, if you started the other post, then it should be under your subscribed posts in your member area...also, you should put the e-mail warning up for when posts are added...

tunelljc

Thanks for the clue.
I use Netscape as the default browser and my problem occurred with it.
I tried with IE and things work fine.
So it must be some setting in Netscape.
I don't see the settings you referred to but will try to research for something similar in Netscape.
AT least my problem is temporarily taken care of with this work around.
Thanks, again.

tunelljc

I finally got back to looking at my problem. Somehow (I am not sure how) I found a reference to a problem when you install 7.1 over a previous version of Netscape (which is what I had done).
The problem solution is described at

http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns71cantdownload.html

I followed the instructions to uninstall Netscape 7.0 and do a clean install of 7.1 . So far it seems to have worked.
Hope maybe someone else can make use of this.
JCT

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts