1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Download problem...

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by rvdavis, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rvdavis

rvdavis Thread Starter

Hey Techguy...

Here is the message I got from Jakeworld:...Jakeworld has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - The
    download.... - in the Security forum of Tech Support Guy Forums.

This thread is located at:
    http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=268804&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    This is just a page linking you to download Hijackthis version 1.98.2 so you can
    check for any foreign objects in your computer. You can submit a log from this
    program and people on the forum may be able to locate the source(s) to your
    computer issues.
    When I downloaded this and attempted to run it the message that I got was it may disable some important programs on my computer and it is not compatable with some stuff on my computer??? I do not want to create more problems...so what can I do??? :confused:

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Download HJT, save it to a folder like c:\hjt.

Double click on Hijackthis.exe then click on the "Scan" button, then click on "Save Log".

Copy and paste it back here and someone will be happy to review it.

Don't make any changes until instructed to do so.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270821

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice