download problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bigsis2u

I have such strange problems! I think this is a windows setting problem....I THINK! when every I go to download some thing off the net...I click on the "click here to download" and the page acts like it is going to load with the correct address in the address bar and then nothing...I get a blank screen with a big DONE at the bottom!! Please help me and dont say there is no hope!!! Thanks!!

Do you have your java off?
Turn it on if so.

If you have I.E you will have to wait for someone else to help you.

Hi
What version of windows are you running?
And...which browser...sounds like InternetExplorer 5.5 to me.... least thats what was happening to me when I had it...so I updated to IE6... I've had no problem since

hello bigsis............if you dont get any joy,e-mail me with your addy and ill send you a copy of ie6........no problem.
good luck.:cool:

just an add on..........the link you posed is dead it seems.......i got the same blank page........try downloading opera,your problem i think will be just in ie.
www.opera.com
a much faster browser than ie.......;)

Internet Explorer is too big to email. Here is a link to an article which tells you how to Download IE and save to disk instead of installing immediately. This way the IE install files are on the hard drive if you ever need to extract a file or do a complete reinstall. On the second page there are links to various versions or IE including 6.0

http://windows.about.com/library/bl_iedownload_a.htm

what i meant is............i have ie6 on cd...so i could run off a copy and mail it to her.......................clear things up?:p

If you both have ICQ you can send it to her there if you both have cable possibly.
Best I recall the download isn't as long as the upload

bigsis... would really like to hear someone elses opinion here.
lets see what others have to say before you do anything....ok?

bigsis2u

not a problem I do think however I am going to have to uninstall the IE I have and reinstall and go from there

Hi all,

lets review here you want to install IE6.0 over your IE5.5 sp? Right?

you have tried to run the IE repair tool option?

I just know that haste makes waste and you'll get no joy installing something good over something that's less than good.

Agreed?

I'll go look for another link where IE6.0 is also available, didn't Mosaic1 give you one I'll go back and look, I just got here 'ya know

DS

bigsis2u

yes...not sure who...but someone did give me a site to try and as always any time no matter where or what I try to download...I get the blank screen...but will wait for new post must get to bed here and I will be back later tonight/morning (ha ha) around 2am central time!!!
Thanks for all your help!!!

Thanks DS

bigsis2u,
one more question... Do you have a proxy? If so I think you need to ask someone to help you make sure its set up properly. If not then go ahead & get ready to download IE6...

Hopefully if you clean your cache & then reboot & make sure your
items in start up are at a minimal ... then you can possibly get to this site & download it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/ie6/default.asp

If you still can't get there ... then reinstall IE5.5 & then go back for IE6.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

might ask friends around home if they could burn you a copy to a CD as well..
Let us know !!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online