1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

download songs from windows media to sansa mp3 player

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bobert12, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobert12

bobert12 Thread Starter

Hello
    I have windows xp 2000 media edition, how do I download my song files from my library to sansa mp3 player. Computer acknowledges that device is connected, but that's all
    Please help, Recently had my computer tuned-up and this option is no longer in my media library, would appreciate your help.
    Thank you

2. Sponsor

3. stantley

stantley

Do you mean the Sync option doesn't even show up or that the Sync option doesn't work?

What version of WMP do you have?

4. bobert12

bobert12 Thread Starter

Hello
    media acknowledges connection, but when I got to sync option comes up but doesn't
    allow me to sync. Note comes up cannont sync. file player may not support file type.
    sansa scan disc 2.0 gb.
    Thank You
    Bob

5. stantley

stantley

On the Sansa Player go to Settings > USB Mode and set it to MSC Mode. The player should then show up as the next available drive letter.

Then use Windows Explorer to copy the mp3 files from your PC to the player. By doing it this way you don't even need WMP.

Are you sure the files you have are mp3?

6. bobert12

bobert12 Thread Starter

Hello and Thank-you in advance
    I just recently had my computer "tuned-Up" works better. Here's the problem.
    some of my music files are missing, most are from my limewire library, the names of playlists are there, message comes up media player no longer able to play file, I am connected to network, correct path, may be unable, server may not be availble,
    can I recover these missing files, if so how
    Thanks

7. buck52

buck52 Banned

howdy

wrong forum... click the report button and see if you can get it moved to a more appropriate forum

please don't start a new thread

8. cybertech

cybertech Moderator

I've merged your threads. Please do not start new threads for the same problem. Continue here.

9. LisaLou2

LisaLou2

My Sansa e200 is no longer has any songs on it. All I wanted to do was to transfer a few songs on from my Media Library not the entire library. I did what was called a "factory reset" thinking that could clear it and I could reload the songs a few at a time. When I try doing this through Media Player it shows the list of songs as having already been loaded, but when I go to Windows Explorer they are not there. My Sansa currently has no songs, no visual of album covers. Nothing. What did I do? Did I wreck this?

10. stantley

stantley

Hi LisaLou2.

On the Sansa Player go to Settings > USB Mode and set it to MSC Mode. The player should then show up as the next available drive letter. Then use Windows Explorer to copy the mp3 files from your PC to the player.

Try that first. If it doesn't work let me know and we'll go to the next step.

11. LisaLou2

LisaLou2

Stanley:
    Thanks! That worked. My question is this. Does this mean it won't work with Media Player anymore? Windows Media Player gives confusing messages on it. To be quite honest. ' Just happy its working. Thank you for your help.:D

12. stantley

stantley

13. LisaLou2

LisaLou2

I think my problem started when I started to use the Media Converter to get some pictures on it. I like having the tunes more than I would for viewing photos. I tell you this thing is a Godsend being able to listen to music when and wherever I want. I really appreciate your assistance. I may have more questions later, but for the meantime I will keep those links you sent me and view them frequently.
    Thank you

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice