1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Download speed 0.00 mbps (Epic Games/ Steam)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Matitty, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Matitty

Matitty Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8091 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (122 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Alienware, 07HV66
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

This problem has occurred for as long as I could remember, but I can almost guarantee that I have had normal download speeds with no problems in the earlier days of my PC (and I am not sure if I messed up something up since then). Basically, I don't know what caused this so I was hoping that one (or some) of you could help me figure it out.

The problem: Every time I download or update a game, whether it is 30 GB or 200 MB my download speed will fluctuate from my normal download speed (~10.00 Mbps) to 0.00 Mbps and I do not know why. For example, I just downloaded a Fornite game update that was around 220 MB in size and it took an hour, a frickin' hour! Anyhow, whenever I play online I do not lag or stutter or anything of the sort, I believe it is just my download speed.

If it helps I am using an ethernet cable and it happens even when I disconnect it and try to download using wifi instead.

If there is anything, and I mean anything that you all need me to provide, I will be glad to provide it. I just want this darn thing fixed already!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2019
  2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

What Upload/Download speed are you paying for and what are you getting?

You can run a simple test to see what you're getting here: http://www.speedtest.net

If the speeds you are getting are considerably lower than what you are paying for, you need to contact your ISP (internet service provider) and have them correct the problem.

Also keep in mind that when you are downloading, the computer on the other end that is sending the file may be overloaded or have its speed limited somehow.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The 1 TB(931 GB actual capacity) hard drive in your Dell Alienware Aurora R6 is about 87% full.
    That's an indication that it's loaded with installed apps and personal data.
    It's my guess it has a large number of running processes.
    The combination of all that is going to affect speed and performance and cause other issues.
    We're not there to see your Dell, so it may be difficult to address the issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice