1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Download transfer rate very slow - need help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by katonca, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. katonca

katonca Thread Starter

Hello, whilst updating a trojan software program, I noticed the transfer rate was 53 k/per sec. I have DSL and my normal transfer rate (on the same program update) has been in the 130-145 k/ per sec.

I contacted my ISP and was told there is nothing wrong at their end. Is there anything else I can check on the comp?

Thanks for the help

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

What is your DSL provider?

What is the normal speed of the DSL? Mine is 3 Mb.

WHat where you using to download the Trojan? Why were you downloading a Trojan?

Download speeds vary at time because of the amount of people using the DSL or web, A lot of times it is where you are downloading the file from were you using something like Limewire? Those networks wet the bed they are full of nasties.

3. sockey99

sockey99

If you can download from other sites at the normal DSL rate, the problem is the software programs servers. They may have some down for service/maint. Or a couple zillion people are diong the same as you, at the same time.

4. katonca

katonca Thread Starter

Hey thanks for the input

The download was an update for a anti-trojan software program.

The only prob with this being a slow server or because I was one of a zillion people using it, is that other downloads have beeen slow also.

DSL provider is toast.net

As far as the "normal speed" - I'm not sure - the icon on the taskbar says 10mbps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice