1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Download unreliable with certain programs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Guzardus, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guzardus

Guzardus Thread Starter

Hi there!

I have a slight problem with downloading.

When I use download managers like FlashGet or GetRight, or even just normal browsers to download... the file always ends up being currupted.

It's very weird because when I download with Kazza... the file is always pretty much 100% reliable...
    But when I use other programs like FlashGet or Getright... corruption happens so much that I have lost all hope in any of the downloads.

I don’t think the files would be 'originally' corrupted because firstly, this happens ALL the time! Not just to one or two individual files... but ALL the time.
    Secondly I always download off big sites, like EA for patches for games etc and they never work!
    Thirdly, sometimes friends refer me to a certain mirrors which they've used to download it from but when I use it, the file ends up being corrupted while theirs seem perfectly fine.

I don't know what's the problem but I hope you guys can help me out a little here.

I am using a 56k dail up with proxy addresses and ports.
    thanks ppl!
    :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113874

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice