1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

download vs upload speed issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by drexlerfan11, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drexlerfan11

drexlerfan11 Thread Starter

I wasnt sure where to post this but for the past couple months my internet has been running a little slower and I have been getting bad lag on XBOX LIVE. I am connected through a wired Linksys Router and have Charter cable internet.

I went to speakeasy.com internet speed test and found that my download speed is 2938 kbps and my upload speed is 222kbps. Is there supposed to be such a large difference between the two and does have anything to do with my lagging connection?

2. drexlerfan11

drexlerfan11 Thread Starter

I also ran a diagnostic test on my computer and it says: [00000001] Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller - failed

3. DBClark

DBClark

Yes there is normally a big difference between up and down speeds, with the upload being the slower. You will have to check with your ISP to find out what your are supposed to be getting. A broadband connection at your download speed usually has a cap of 512 up.

As far as a diagnostic test on your adapter...have no clue what test you ran on it. Is it the adapter you are using to communicate here?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/456399

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice