Downloaded car manual won't run

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

techluddite

Hi, I recently downloaded a service manual for my car and what I had once I unzipped the download was a whole lot of files, but nothing obvious like an EXE file to make it run. I contacted the supplier and they sent instructions, but I'm guessing English isn't their first language. It seems, however, that the manual is some sort of interactive pdf-based thing that has to be run via IE (it specifies IE5.5 or above and I have IE11 - not that I normally use it! ;-) ) so (I'm guessing) no EXE file to get it started.

Inside the main folder there are further folders full of individual pages of the manual as PDFs. The only file in the main folder is named, 'index'html', so I tried to open that in IE and am presented with a 'please wait' message, but you can wait as long as you like and nothing happens. I've exhausted my very limited knowledge of software now, so I'd be grateful if someone could suggest a solution. At the moment, I can open an XML file of the contents list, trawl through it looking for what (I think) I want and then return to the files and manually locate the individual PDF, but it's longwinded and the PDF files aren't stored sequentially (i.e. in the same sequence as the manual's pages).

I'm running a creaky old Sony Vaio on Win7. 2.53Ghz Intel, 64-bit, 4Gb RAM.

Thanks in advance

Try another browser like Chrome or Firefox. Set that as the default browser app in Settings. Then double click on the PDF.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online