Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Downloaded driver

851 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  raybro 
#1 ·
Hi. I have a mustek scanner to which I have had to download the software for (reformatted pc and now the original installation cd will not run as kids damaged it, BLESS).
This download is in five parts all of which I have downloaded into my own created 'downloads' folder on c: (they obviously are now 5 different files in this folder).
On the website I downloaded them from it stated 'download all 5 files from web onto pc's hard disc under same directory'. I did not do this as I didn't know what it meant ( thought I would play and work it out but I'm just too stupid).
When I click on first file it starts and then asks me to insert next disc because they are not in this said directory,all being separate.
Can I now make/find or whatever this directory and move them into it and how or must I first make/find this directory and and download them again directly into this directory and how?
Please be gentle with explaination/terminology as as you have prob' gathered my pc skills are more than limited!!
Your help gratefully recieved, Steve.

#2 ·
Hi Steve1ramsey,
First of all, there is nothing such as "too stupid".
I would rather say that we all start somewhere. :)

If you remeber the name of the folder you created and put the different files in you only need to change the last part of the path.

Eg. You copy the 5 files in different folder, let's call them "Folder 1", "Folder 2", "Folder 3" etc.
Then you start the Setup from Folder 1.
Later it asks you for disk 2.
You can see the whole path to the Setup, like C:\driversfolder\Folder 1\
You just change "Folder 1" to "Folder 2" and then press OK.

That should do it. In other feel free to ask again ;)
Good luck!

#3 ·
Here is what I have done with downloaded drivers which come in "Disk1, Disk2, etc form (or any driver, for that matter).

Open Device Manager and find the scanner. It should have a yellow (!) by it at this point. Right click and select "Properties" then "Driver" tab. Now click "Update Driver". This will bring up "Update Device Wizard". Click "Next" and select "Search for a better driver..." and then "Next"

Select "Specify a location" and click "Browse". Navigate to the folder where the mutiple downloaded "Disks" are located. Select Disk1 and then OK. Now click "Next". The installation of the drivers should proceed from there. After it's done, click "Finish".

HTH :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.