Solved Downloaded files don't show up on Chrome

bj nick

(PC w/Windows 10) I use a 3rd party .wav-mp3 conversion site all the time, and lately when I download the newly converted file, it doesn't show up on the bottom of the page like all other downloaded Chrome files (it does go to my "downloads" folder.) I asked their tech people and they said it should work as it always has, so it's not on their end, and suggested it might be a setting in Chrome. Can someone please let me know where such a setting might be?

Couriant

James
(PC w/Windows 10) I use a 3rd party .wav-mp3 conversion site all the time, and lately when I download the newly converted file, it doesn't show up on the bottom of the page like all other downloaded Chrome files (it does go to my "downloads" folder.) I asked their tech people and they said it should work as it always has, so it's not on their end, and suggested it might be a setting in Chrome. Can someone please let me know where such a setting might be?
Have you downloaded anything else that has the same issue? like try the tool that is in my signature

bj nick

Oh heck, I went in and looked at the Chrome download settings and I saw it was set for "automatically open files" or something like that, for this service. I "cleared" it and now it's back to normal. Sorry....

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What happens if you use a different browser?

Note: Windows 10 does have Edge and IE

Couriant

James
Oh heck, I went in and looked at the Chrome download settings and I saw it was set for "automatically open files" or something like that, for this service. I "cleared" it and now it's back to normal. Sorry....
I see, I would think that it would still have downloaded it, but my guess is that it would have downloaded it into a temp folder instead since you didn't specify what folder and that it was automatically opening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online