1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Downloaded stuff to fix my computer but only made it worse

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mrsrivens, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrsrivens

mrsrivens Thread Starter

Hi i have a dell computer with windows xp. I bought a couple of games to play but everytime i tried to play one it said that i may need to update my driver and enable direct3d acceleration. So i went to dell.com and just started downloading a bunch of different things and honestly didnt know what i was doing. And now my computer isnt running like it suppose to. Is there a way i can uninstall everything or refresh my computer to start all over again?

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Im going to guess that you downloaded the wrong video or graphics or chipset drivers.you can go to the add/remove and see whats listed. what you should do is go to the dell site and look up the model of computer you have and put in your service tag then it will show you all the drivers needed for your computer specifically.

3. jesseyoung

jesseyoung

Hi,

Ok, the reinstallation of OS is the last useful method but hope you needn't do that.
    You said isnt running like it suppose to, whether you can enter the PC? Do you set the system restore point?

4. Izr0d

Izr0d

Restart your system press F8 select Safe Mode, when your windows logs proceed with system restore (it will be the first question windows asks), select date before your brave installations and you should be ok (hope your system restore is enabled tho :)

~Cheers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1017746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice