1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Downloaded Windows Mail Live - Lost All E-Mails In Hot Mail

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mistmf, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mistmf

mistmf Thread Starter

I upgraded to Windows Live Mail and now am unable to view my previous e-mails in my hot mail account that i have had for years. How do i retrieve these e-mails that i believe are still on the server?
    Thanks all,
    Mike

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Open live mail,click tools and click syncronize all.

3. mistmf

mistmf Thread Starter

Leroy,
    I opened Windows Live, clicked tools then syncronize "couldn't find syncronize all" on the top task bar. A box came up saying "items to syncronize with a box checked "my current home page". I clicked syncronize at the bottom of that box and received an error message that said "Offline web pages (my current home page): Error downloading URL.
    I can access my Hot Mail Account thru Windows Live and there are new e-mails there from MSN, however all the previous e-mails that were stored there before i signed up for Windows Live Mail are gone. I used the same e-mail address & password to set up Windows Live, could that be why all the e-mails are gone? The way i understand e-mails is this: In Outlook Express e-mails are sent to only one computer, they are not stored at a server and can only be viewed on that one computer. Hot Mail, Yahoo Etc. are stored on the server and can be opened on different computers at different addresses. With that thought i believe the e-mails should still be with MSN. Am i correct?
    Hope you can help again,
    Mike

4. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Strange,mine has syncronize all in the live mail program.
    You may want to try logging into the hotmail web interface
    and see if they are still there.
    If not,you might want to contact support to see if they
    can be recovered.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/741032

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice