Downloading a file, and gettting an error message...any help?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

babygirlinpgh

Downloading a file, and getting an error message...any help? please.?

I have microsoft works on my laptop. Yes I know its old but I used to be able to download files online like documents and open them up in microsoft works word processor. I'm trying to save a microsoft office word 97 - 2003 document ".doc". I save it as this, and it says download complete. But right after an error message pops up and says this...

C:\users\MarissaMarie\downloads\furkid
This action is only valid for products that are currently installed

i press "OK" and nothing happens.

BUT...

i click on the link to the document i want to download..

FILE DOWNLOAD
do you want to open or save this file?
i click "save"

I type where it says file name, .wps after the file name
click save, ..... the download is complete
i click "open"

this exact message pops up

Works cannot open "C:\users\MarissaMarie\downloads\furkidAA-3.wps". The file may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installed converters, or the file may be corrupt.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online