1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Downloading A Website

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jaredsimon, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaredsimon

jaredsimon Thread Starter

I have a computer upstairs with internet cpabilitys and a computer downstairs that does not have internet capabilities ( i dont want it to have it) Is there any way to completely download a webpage? With all links in tact? So I could transfer the file and browse the site up until I got out of the imediate links? Thanks

2. persnickety

persnickety

You can view a webpage offline but the links and such will not work...but to view a webpage offline you have to have visted it online before...so in other words, no...sorry...

3. Mowergun

Mowergun Guest

Hi,

You can browse to the desired site and then open the file menu and select "save as" and save the web page as an *.mht file. This will save the page as a single file which you can burn to removable media and view on another computer. The links will be active, but unless you are connected to the internet you will get a "cannot be displayed" error.

Alternatively you could go to the following page and Download The Internet.

Hope this helps,

Mowergun

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice