1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Downloading files from Internet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bostonwymn, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bostonwymn

bostonwymn Thread Starter

I have several people who have download the American flag and have set it up as a screen saver. I have tried to search for the file to delete it, but can't find it anywhere. It's not in the temporary download folder or in the screensaver folder. Any idea where I can find this file to delete it? Thanks.
    Mickey

2. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Well, I don't know about the others, (You have people? I wish I had people...), but where did you get this American Flag screensaver, and did you install it?

If you didn't install it, figure out what it's filename is, then go to Start > Find > Files and Folders, and search for it by filename, which is most likely flag.exe, or something of that nature.
    (If you don't know it's filename, go back to the site you got it from, and find out for sure.)

If you did install it, don't just delete it.
    Is it listed in the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs?
    If it is listed there, highlight it, and click the Add/Remove button.
    Otherwise, find it's folder, which is most likely in C:\Program Files, and locate the uninstall file.
    (You may still want to find and delete the original file that you downloaded to begin with.)

If you installed it, and you'd just like to turn it off rather than get rid of it altogether, go to the Control Panel > Display > ScreenSaver tab, and select a different screensaver to use, or select None.
    Click OK.

3. gethedge

gethedge

I think she (he?) was saying the didn't have it at all § (alt+789)

A search should have yielded a good screensaver, but here is a good one from cnet.

I love Cnet

I hate windows.

I'll be quiet now

4. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Oh, maybe you're right gethedge. :)
    Sometimes I don't understand exactly what's being asked.
    I saw the word "delete" written in there a couple of times, and figured that one can't very well delete what one doesn't have downloaded already...
    Now I dunno, for sure.

That CNet screensaver is the flag.exe screensaver I spoke of ealier, and it seems to come up first in many an Internet search.
    Very nice. :)

I like CNet too, but I'll keep any comments about what I think of Windows to myself, as my own copy might overhear me and then act up.
    I used to have a car that I had to speak well of too, aloud, else it wouldn't start for me on cold mornings... :p

Just call me §uperstitious. ;)</font>

5. LightningBolt

LightningBolt

Okay, "Superstitious":
    Is there such a thing as a cold morning in Florida? :)

6. Signature

Signature

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">I suppose anything below 60° F is considered cold here. :p
    But I've shivered through a few 20° mornings, when the local power company can't seem to generate enough electricity to accomodate all the Florida heaters suddenly put into use, and we are all obliged to suffer brownouts and blackouts and wardrobes full of unsuitable summer-type clothing.

We just have to grin and "bare" it. :D

To explain the car reference, I've spent most of my life wintering in Florida, (tolerating the occasional 20° morning), and summering in New Hampshire, (again, tolerating the occasional 20° morning), but when I don't travel between the two I'm stuck in one place or the other year-round, completely and wretchedly un-acclimated.
    As far as I'm concerned, New England winters can be as bitterly cold as Florida summers can be stiflingly hot.</font>

7. LightningBolt

LightningBolt

Yeah, I know what you're saying. I've visited Florida in the dead of winter & the hot July of summer. Sounds like you've got the best of both worlds though... winter in the south, & summer in the north! :)

8. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Do a search for *.scr on the computer.

Check the add/remove programs. Some screensavers have an uninstall routine.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66932

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice