1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

downloading files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by talhofer, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talhofer

talhofer Thread Starter

When scanning and downloading a file that I receive by email I’m giving the option of;

“Would you like to open the file or save it to your computer”.

If I select to open the file the system downloads the file and launches the program to see the file (Adobe, Word, etc.) Then after the program opens I get the message:

“There was an error opening this document. This file can not be found”

I use to be able to open files that I downloaded from my email without saving to my computer. I have not knowingly changed anything in my system that would make it not work.
    Could I have accidentally erased the temporary file location where the new file is stored? If so where would that be and how would I fix it?

I’m currently run XP Home Edition and my browser is Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    well there has been an email being sent around that has a virus on it. Is the email from a crediable source?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice