1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Downloading games

Discussion in 'Games' started by suz15april, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. suz15april

suz15april Thread Starter

2. crushbone

crushbone

The Website that you mentioned is SAFE to download from. (y) :D

3. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

Ya. Just becareful of adware and spyware. Lots of "free" games are LOADED with it.

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

LOL, A few years back I bought a disk at KMart that had like 10 small games for 10 bucks.

I brought that sucker home and popped it in my machine and loaded the games and a ton of spyware at the same time. Man that was a rip off.:D

I still have the disk, anybody interested. $5??? $1???? I'll give it away? :p

5. vanillag1rl

vanillag1rl

lol thats a bunch of bs. I wonder if it says that anywhere on the box it was sold in.
    Should be some kinda of law against that shiot.
    GRRRRR makes me mad!

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I was pissed at the time. Now I know you don't get 10 games for $10 unless you get something else with it.:D

I thought about taking the crap back but I never got around to it. If it had been a $40 game and I got spyware I would have screamed. It is bad enough to get "The way it was meant to be played" UT2K3, and McDonalds commercials and others NFSU & NFSU2.

7. suz15april

suz15april Thread Starter

Thanks for all your input. I downloaded the game to CD, scanned it with NAV and installed it.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Maybe if you pay me i would be interested :p :D :)

9. Laurie52

Laurie52

Here is a good, safe website to download older "Abandonware Games":
    http://www.the-underdogs.org

This has one of the most (if not "the" most) comprehensive collection of older games that are no longer supported in all genres. It also has a wide selection of freeware games too. This site has been up since 1996, at least, and has an excellent established reputation.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice