1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Downloading in Explorer Stops at 99%!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Galleherjazz, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Galleherjazz

Galleherjazz Thread Starter

I've had a scary development. When downloading files or programs from the Net, through Explorer 7, the download stops at 99% and freezes. I cannot cancel the download panel.

I have Windows XP Pro.

This happens both when I go to save the file and when I click on open, that is, when the file is downloading to a temp folder.

HELP!

This is a very scary thing for me.

2. Spatty

Spatty

Best thing you can do is REMOVE IE7! I did as I was having a few problems myself with other things. JMHO~

3. Mr_Penguin

Mr_Penguin

i would recomend using a different computer to download Firefox from the mozilla webpage. and try to put the install on a cd or flash drive to your computer. and if your keen on using IE7 then you could just use Firefox briefly to download any updates or applications that will help your IE.

4. Galleherjazz

Galleherjazz Thread Starter

Indeed, the problem does/did seem to be browser specfic, affecting IE7, but NOW, lo and behold, it is able to download ZIP files. It hesitated a little longer than usual at 99%, then it completed the download.

Oh, sweet mysteries of PCs!

I will not marked this thread closed until I try downloading a larger file.

Truly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/614289