1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

downloading/Installation ISSUES

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by 1RubberDucky1, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1RubberDucky1

1RubberDucky1 Thread Starter

anyway.. to MY problem.. when I download files from places like filefront.. I dl the file and everything goes okay there.. then when I go to install the file.. it always installs it but then goes back and says.. the program wasn't installed with the right settings.. and then it gives me 2 options to reinstall or cancel. I think it has something to do with the admin probems..I tried to dl the bf2142 demo on my computer.. all of that happened.. and then when I tried to save it to a specific location before the transfer it said I needed admin priviledges even though I am an admin..

Secondly.. even after I click the " reinstall with recommended settings " it still has issues in the end where I can't even run it.. like the bf2142 demo.. I dled it installed it.. it told me to reinstall with recommended settings.. so I did.. and then in the end.. the button to launch the game says that it's missing and asked me to browse where the file was.. and I couldn't even find the game through the properties tab.. which was C:\Program Files\EA

Of course.. this didn't happen with EVERYTHING I tried to download thank god..

HELP

2. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    Try turning off 'User Account control' in the User Accounts control panel.

3. 1RubberDucky1

1RubberDucky1 Thread Starter

thanks, I think it should've done the trick.. but one more thing I forgot to mention was that.. when I tried to use winzip.. and extract a file into where I wanted to go to.. it would say access denied.. probably another user thing.. and then.. sometimes during installations.. the bar would just sit there for a couple of seconds.. about 5 or so.. and then just zip up and finish the installation in almost no time.. and then when I try to run it the file hasn't even been installed.. when I do manage to install the game.. say by reinstallating using a different mirror.. I run it.. and then it'd say the game has experienced an error and stopped working.. so I'd reinstall the file.. same result.. restart my computer.. same result

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590129

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice