1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

downloading MP3's

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by jaye944, Apr 13, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. jaye944

jaye944 Thread Starter

:confused:

ok,
    we've all done it, doing it or thinking about it.

Now, just to start up some discussion.

A friend of Dad's, rang me with a problem. Short story long...

He has an MP3 player/recorder.

So The question is after paying much $$$'s for it. What do you legallay use it for ??

If you have like me vinal/CD. you can't legally, copy it onto MP3.
    If you want to download from the Web, sites such as Napster/Kazaa, are either illegal, or being closed down.

So "where" do you get mp3's LEGALLY, to use ?

I know it's being done. But why sell these things if you can't copy music to use on them.

Kinda like being able to buy a knife, but get done for it being an offensive weopen, if you got one on ya person ??

So ideas and possibly open discussion. UK /US law differs so pls try to keep to UK law if poss.

cheers gangsters !

Jaye

2. cnelson04

cnelson04

To my understanding as long as you have the CD it's ok, but don't take my word on it. :)

3. jaye944

jaye944 Thread Starter

4. gws226

gws226

Copying(ripping) your personally owned music collection to MP3 is completely legal. I built a rig for my Uncle specifically for the purpose of him ripping his vinyl to CD/MP3 format.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice