Downloading music legally

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

grandpaw7

No doubt this is the wrong forum, but I don't know which is the right one.

Two counts against me: first, I'm dumb; second: I've never downoaded music before and haven't the slightest etc.

Anyhow, I wonder how I can find out how and from where I can download music legally, and if I need special hardware or software to do it.

I'm interested in old songs like songs by Woody Gutherie, Joan Baez, Pete Seeger, Johnny Cash. I wonder if there are certain sites that are more likely to have these?

Maybe there is a website that would educate me about this.

Thanks, grandpaw7

THE GARDEN SONG

Inch by inch,
Row by row,
Gonna let my garden grow,
All I need is a rake and hoe,
And a piece of fertile ground.

Inch by inch, row by row,
Someone bless these seeds I sow,
Someone warm them from below
Till the rains come a'tumbling down.

Pulling weeds, picking stones,
We are made of dreams and bones,
Feel the need to grow my own
For the time is near at hand.

Grain for grain, sun and rain,
Find my way in nature's chain,
Tune my body and my brain
To the music of the land.

Plant your rows straight and long,,
Temper them with prayers and song,
Mother Earth will make you strong
If you give her love and care.

Too bad I can't sing it for you, though my granchildren would tell you differently.

very simple to answer, it is NOT allowed to download ANY copyrighted material whatsoever, music, software, you name it
I have to say that a lot of people take the risk anyway, but legally it's not allowed.

And you'd be glad that I don't sing :D:D:D

I have to agree with 700mb80min, Mad-martin. Simply not true. There are plenty of legitimate music sites from which you can download tracks, such as mp3.com You have to pay, but you can download and it is legitimate

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
I believe Apple's version of Itunes for Windows is suppose to be ready by Christmas.

oh oh oh and to update this i saw on tech tv that kazza is gonna strike back :) hahaha just wanted to let everyone know that music may be free after all :)

well you cant download copyrighted music legally without paying but do you support sharing it through p2p network? is that illegal? i mean almost everybody here used kaaza or winmx to download music.

you can use software called pressplay... which it a legal way to download music..... its a joint venture (i think ) between microsoft and the recording industry. and NO its not anotr fake spyware scam

Originally posted by somak_de:
well you cant download copyrighted music legally without paying
Sure you can! Some of the more intelligent artists realize that downloading free music is another way to reach fans. Some artists allow you to download full CDs from their official websites.

ofcourse you can, but it still is illegal, unless, but hey I thought that was pretty obvious, you pay for the copyrighted material.

grandpaw7

Can you imagine a music site that doesn't have Joan Baez and Harry Belefone? It's true. You won't believe this, but none I've looked at do! Oh, well, they say what goes around comes around. So, I'll just wait a few more years, the Lord willing. Meanwhile, back to the used CD store.

But thanks for the info. It was what I was looking for.

Originally posted by mad-martin:
ofcourse you can, but it still is illegal, unless, but hey I thought that was pretty obvious, you pay for the copyrighted material.
Once again, there is no truth in that! Just because its copyrighted doesn't mean its not free. TSG is copyrighted and its free. Most of the software we use is copyrighted & free. Just because a song is copyrighted doesn't mean it can't be free.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online