1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

downloading music to a usb

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lockeyp, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lockeyp

Lockeyp Thread Starter

Can anybody advise me on how to. I have just bought a car radio that can play cd's cdr's cdwr's and has a facility for a sd card & usb. The problem is that I have never downloaded music onto either a sd or a usb before to be played on these devices. Could someone please be kind enough to ot teach me the process.

Many Thanks

Lockeyp

Please move if in the wrong place.

2. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

plug in the usb device.
    Go to computer
    Locate the device..open it
    Copy and paste the files you want on it..or just drag and drop.
    If the head unit in the car isnt happy and dont read the device..you may have to use windows media player to add the files to the device.

3. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    an even easier way is if u have a music folder in your documents is to plug in the usb flash drive and then go to your documents click the music folder open and hit send to the usb drive. then check the device to see if your songs are in there. drives go anywhere from 2gigs and up and can hold a lot of songs. then in the car u plug it in to the usb port and on the radio u hit cd/aux and it should show up as a usb. and then it should start playing the music. it doesnt matter if the songs are in a wma or an mp3 format.hope this helps u.

4. Lockeyp

Lockeyp Thread Starter

Thanks Guys. For the info so far I'll try that and report back on how I'm doing.

Lockeyp

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

pishbloom2's instructions only work if all your music fits on the flash drive. If it doesn't, you'll get an error.

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    it depends on the size of the flash drive.i have flash drives that range in size from 2gigs all the way up to 16gigs.he has to see how large his music folder is and go from there to see which size flash drive will hold it all.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917587

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice