1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Downloading pictures

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Rosie1949, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rosie1949

Rosie1949 Thread Starter

Received a digital camera for Christmas. When downloading pictures I can transfer to a 3x5 floppy, but when I try to put them on a CD, I get error message reading. Access denied, disk my be write protected or file may be in use. Neither are the case. Any ideas.

Thank you
    Rosie:(

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Are you using the burning program that came with your burner?

3. Milkchoc

Milkchoc

Did u try saving the file to your hard drive before trying to burn it to CD? I find that I cannot use my flip album program for burning CD's of pics from my dig camera until they are actually taken from the software that is used to display the pics on my computer and saved to my hard drive. Hope this helps!

4. Rosie1949

Rosie1949 Thread Starter

I have the pictures saved in my documents. I have tried every thing from trying the burning software that came with the computer to, trying to drag and drop them in another folder to send them,also tried the send to method. Always get the same message.

5. Milkchoc

Milkchoc

Did u try closing the software program that came with your camera? If that doesn't work, I'd disconnect the camera, then reboot.

6. Rosie1949

Rosie1949 Thread Starter

Just disconnected the camera and rebooted, still unable to download to CD.

7. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy

With the camera disconnected can you go to "my documents" or wherever they are saved and view them normally?

buck

8. ~Candy~

What burning program are you using?

What do you have running at startup?

Start button, run, then type msinof32 and hit ok.....go to software, startups, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

Did this burner ever work correctly? Can you copy a cd (say for example, Windows) to another cd and get a good burn?

9. airdale

airdale

Hi Rosie
    Did you formated the CD before trying to put on cd?
    If you format you can right click on the saved folder and go to send to and send the folder to the CD.
    It won't work unless the cd is formated because the pictures are data.

airdale:)

10. Rosie1949

Rosie1949 Thread Starter

How do you format a cd. When I go to my computer and select the cd icon, nothing comes up that says to format. I can format a 3x5, but not a cd.

Thanks
    Rosie

11. airdale

airdale

Hi Rosie 1949
    In your cd burner program
    Go to create a data cd
    Insert disc and it should say do you want to format or you have to format to save data.

I hope this works!!
    airdale

12. ~Candy~

13. Milkchoc

Milkchoc

May I ask what camera you are using, and what software? Maybe someone has the same.

14. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

For me to format a CD, I open Exploder (Explorer) and right click on the CD burner drive. Then choose Format.
    :cool:

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112920

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice