Downloading pictures

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rosie1949

Received a digital camera for Christmas. When downloading pictures I can transfer to a 3x5 floppy, but when I try to put them on a CD, I get error message reading. Access denied, disk my be write protected or file may be in use. Neither are the case. Any ideas.

Thank you
Rosie:(

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Are you using the burning program that came with your burner?

Did u try saving the file to your hard drive before trying to burn it to CD? I find that I cannot use my flip album program for burning CD's of pics from my dig camera until they are actually taken from the software that is used to display the pics on my computer and saved to my hard drive. Hope this helps!

Rosie1949

I have the pictures saved in my documents. I have tried every thing from trying the burning software that came with the computer to, trying to drag and drop them in another folder to send them,also tried the send to method. Always get the same message.

Did u try closing the software program that came with your camera? If that doesn't work, I'd disconnect the camera, then reboot.

buck52

Banned
Howdy

With the camera disconnected can you go to "my documents" or wherever they are saved and view them normally?

buck

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
What burning program are you using?

What do you have running at startup?

Start button, run, then type msinof32 and hit ok.....go to software, startups, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

Did this burner ever work correctly? Can you copy a cd (say for example, Windows) to another cd and get a good burn?

Hi Rosie
Did you formated the CD before trying to put on cd?
If you format you can right click on the saved folder and go to send to and send the folder to the CD.
It won't work unless the cd is formated because the pictures are data.

airdale:)

Rosie1949

How do you format a cd. When I go to my computer and select the cd icon, nothing comes up that says to format. I can format a 3x5, but not a cd.

Thanks
Rosie

Hi Rosie 1949
In your cd burner program
Go to create a data cd
Insert disc and it should say do you want to format or you have to format to save data.

I hope this works!!
airdale

LANMaster

Banned
For me to format a CD, I open Exploder (Explorer) and right click on the CD burner drive. Then choose Format.
:cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online