1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Downloading Problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dpvu, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpvu

dpvu Thread Starter

Hi, I have a problem on one of my Windows XP Pro accounts. When I click a link to download something, the download box (the one with Save, Open etc.) pops up as usual. Here's where my problem is, if I click Save or Open, it doesn't save or open the file, it just opens a My Computer window. There's no way to save it or open it. It just started a few says ago. I don't believe any settings have been modified. I have run Norton Anti-Virus and Ad-aware 6 Pro, with no results. The funny thing is it's only on one of the accounts. The other XP accounts work fine.

Help would be appritiated. Thanks in advance :)

2. dpvu

dpvu Thread Starter

here's a screeny of the desktop My Computer thing that pops up if you don't know what I mean.

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice