1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved downloading problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by nancydrewgamer, Jul 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nancydrewgamer

nancydrewgamer Thread Starter

i download all the files from a game disk i bought to a USB so that i could download it to my laptop that has no DVD drive but every time i try to download the game files from the usb to the lap top it says error i'm unsure if maybe i am just downloading the files in a incorrect order or if something went wrong when moving the files i followed the instructions from the game makers site on how to download the disk to USB any suggestions on how to fix the problem

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Which game are you trying to copy to the USB drive? Can you give a link to the instructions you're trying to follow? Can you be specific about the error you're receiving? Are you copying the files to the laptop, or trying to install them from the USB drive?

3. nancydrewgamer

The game is Nancy drew 2 pack vol 3 I am installing the disk files to a USB then downloading the files from the USB to the laptop it does not give a specific error code it just says problem doownloading please check is said file exists on laptop and I can't send a link but you can find it on the her interactive website

4. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

You mentioned "installing", but does that mean you're copying the files from the disk to the USB drive? Can you download and run the TSG System Information Utility on the PC you're trying to install it on, and then post the results back to this thread.

5. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

If you want to play it, best bet is to get an external DVD drive- pretty cheap and 101 uses.
    Copying to a USB stick is technically piracy (at least where I live) - this gets you out of that. also many disk games have other measures to prevent copying, and if its not from the original, wont install. I wont go through these measures, as it would compromise site policy. :)=7

6. nancydrewgamer

Thanks I did not even think about how itight be considered piracy you probably just saved me from ahefty fine I hope I will be able to find one for cheap last time I checked it was like 40 and when you working for like 2$ an hour it's kinda expensive

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice