1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Downloading Problems

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cowboy69, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowboy69

cowboy69 Thread Starter

Hi, im having a problem with downloading, today i was downloading a few programs and after i had downloaded a couple of them all the sudden the way i download changed , usually i click on what im downloading and a box pops up asking me do i want to run, save or cancel it , i choose save and then i get asked where i want to save it to i select that location and then the download starts showing me the speed of download as it progresses,well i downloaded a couple of programs today and they went just as descirbed and expected , then all the sudden the next download i chose started downloading as soon as i selected it the box i usually get never popped up , gave me no choice where to save , and when download was complete the file appeared opened in a temp folder, can anyone help me get my option to save back, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks Dave

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, I know this is going to sound obvious> Was one of the programs you downloaded some sort of Manager for downloads? What they can do is control where the downloads are saved to. What were the programs you did download at that time?

3. cowboy69

cowboy69 Thread Starter

no i wasnt downloading a dl manager or using one, they were small utilities like process viewer , and a spell checker just a couple of different programs that usually come as a zip file but now come with out option where i wanna save to and already unzipped

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329154

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice