Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

downloading recent pics

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  lordsmurf 
#1 ·
Im trying to download recent pics to my computer and it has always just downloaded the recent pics with windows. I have changed nothing, but now instead of downloading the 20 new pics off the chip, its trying to download all the 600+ Ive already downloaded in the past. Can someone please help me?

#3 ·
If you are talking about getting your photos from a camera to your computer (and how are we to guess WHAT you are talking about?) then, if you are using the camera manufacturer's software, if it is like I have seen with some software, you are given the option to either move or copy the photos from the "chip" (as you call it). If you select copy, the photos remain on your chip. If you select move, then they will be removed from the chip after they get onto your computer.

Some camera software will even ask you if you want the photos deleted from the camera once they are put on your computer.

If the photos remain on the "chip" then, of course, they will be copied again, the next time you go to transfer the photos again later.

There might even be an option to copy the photos starting at some date, thus you might be able to avoid re-copying the already copied photos. You might want to look into what options you do have.

#5 ·
I know what was meant by chip, but I don't know if the chip being referred to is while or is still in the camera, or has been inserted into a media card reader.

Most times when I've talked to people who are taking pictures off their camera, they just say they're taking pictures off the camera. Whereas, when people say they're taking pictures off the chip, they actually have the memory card out of the camera.

The advantage of removing the memory card from the camera and placing the card in a media card reader, is that the memory card readers are generally faster than through the camera port.

Many people may be under the impression that to use the camera port that they have to use the camera software supplied by the manufacturer, and they don't.

With the few details supplied by the OP, I don't know what he is using. I am hoping for some details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.