Downloading Redhat

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BlackHorseman

Hello again,
:)

I want to install Linux on my machine (detailes below). Thinking of RedHat (the latest version, I guess). My question is: where can I download it, which files should I download, where can I get good documentation, etc etc...

I am somewhat of a novice in Linux (had RedHat 5.2 once, fiddled with it a bit), so I am not sure where exactly I start.

Any advice would be welcome,

Thanks,
Daniel.

www.linux.org
you'll want to download 3 iso images and burn them to cdr's, label them 1,2,and 3, and boot off the disks

just follow the instuctions at the site above, you'll be fine

You can choose from many different distributions available for download at www.linuxiso.org. I second Patch-Man's recommendation for the rute documentation; it's as good an introduction as any out there, and the price is right.

Hope this helps.

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
For some reason I have trouble DL'ing 1 of the 3 ISO's :(

John

BlackHorseman

One thing I forgot to mention:

I'm looking for a free version. Since I have no credit card I cannot pay online.

Thanks,
Daniel.

BlackHorseman

Ok,

I DLed them, now on my way to burn.
Soon be back here with installation & dual-boot questions.
:)

Thanks for the help,
Daniel.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online