downloading updates manually

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jdemnyan1116

I just found out that windows only downloads updates once a month, which caused quite a concern in a previous message in which I asked for help and maybe did not need it. Anyway, I found a few windows updates that did not install at an earlier time. I read about them and is it hard to install updates manually? I have very little skills in dos or any type of typing commands. I went into update history, dbl clicked on the ones that were cancelled (my fault) or failed. I found the areas to go and am waiting for a response to if they are hard to manually download and install. Also how do I find out if my computer is 32 or 64 bit, I am using
Windows 7 professional.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
You can click start and then right click "Computer" and select properties. Scroll down and it will tell you the OS bit rate. If you have updates that may have failed have you tried the "check for updates" button to see if they're detected again?

Oddba11

Jim
Double check your update list. Updates that fail, are typically attempted again. So just because you see a failure in the history does not mean the update was not installed.

As to manual installation, they are typically exe files. Simply download and run (ie: double click) the file.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I just found out that windows only downloads updates once a month
That's not necessarily true. Windows updates are released on the second Tuesday of every month (known as "Patch Tuesday"), but there may be a few out-of-cycle updates throughout the month.
which caused quite a concern in a previous message in which I asked for help and maybe did not need it
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update.1161217/#post-9176371

-------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online