Downloading

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PJ Staley

My I.E. will only allow me to download 2 files at a time. Is there a "work-around" for this? Thank you.

I dont believe you can. Downloading more than 2 will make the downloads go terribly slow, even on broadband. If you really want to download multiple things than try and download manager. I reccommend GetRight, get it at http://www.getright.com/.

DoubleHelix

Banned
IE doesn't have a download limit of 2. Something else must be preventing you from downloading more than 2 files.

Try:

Start Regedit
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
Change the MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server to whatever number you want
Change the MaxConnectionsPerServer to whatever number you want

DoubleHelix

Banned
What operating system does that setting apply to, Bob? I don't have it on Windows XP.

PJ Staley

I recently had to reformat my hard drive. Prior to that, I was able to download 4 files at a time. Since the reformat, the downloading has decreased to 2, and I would like to to go back to 4 or more. Now, I know that more than 2 is a possibility, it's just a matter of discovering what changed.

Bryan

Bryan
So what happens when you try to download more than two? Do you get a message? Is it a specific site that you're downloading from ? Internet Explorer isn't limiting you to 2 .....

Who do you use as an internet service provider and is it dialup, DSL or cable?

Guyzer

Guy
Are you downloading from the same site as before when you could get 4 at a time? Some sites restrict you to two downloads at once. Thats their way of getting you to join. ( spend a few bucks)

PJ Staley

What happens when I try to download more than 2 is that I have to wait until the download is finished before I can start another one. This was not the case prior to the reformat of my hard drive recently.

PJ Staley

Bryan, it's Velocitus DSL. The same service I used prior to reformatting my hard drive and having this problem. PJ

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
yeah that's true. I know that IE has a limit on how many downloads it will if it takes too long though. Bob had a way, did you follow that?

Also I would also recommend a file downloader like GetRight. The reason being is that if you are downloading a big file and your computer loses connection or something happened to your downloading file, GetRight will resume the download. IE will have to start from the beginning. Plus you can do as many as you tell it to.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online