1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Downloads always corrupt!!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by R34L1TY, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. R34L1TY

R34L1TY Thread Starter

When surfing the web with my internet setup my downloads always end up corrupted with exceptiopn of a few files. i have a netgear WGR614 running from my wireless internet sattelite on the house. i can update games and stuff but when downloading files they have become corrupted. figuring this out will help much!!!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you use a download accelerator or manager? Do you have SP2 installed?

3. R34L1TY

R34L1TY Thread Starter

No download accelerators or managers. it does it on all our pcs, and yes they all have sp2

4. R34L1TY

R34L1TY Thread Starter

If any one ever replies the issue may have started because i messed with the routers settings to forward some ports, and i think it never really happened until then. you think i may have messed something up in there?

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

That doesn't seem likely, but try restoring the settings to default, or try a direct connection without the router to see if downloads succeed. You might also try contacting your ISP to see if they have any ideas or whether you are the only one with the problem.

You might also try a free download manager. Occasionally, my IE7 will complete a download before the entire file is done resulting in a corrupt file that is too small. But this never happens when I use GetRight. I was implying above that a manager may be the cause of the corruption, but it may also be a solution (as well as allowing you to stop and resume downloads).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!