Downloads file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lyn Patterson

Can anyone tell me if I can delete files that I have installed from the 'downloads file', after I have installed them? I have a file for these downloads which is getting bigger and bigger. I suppose I could keep those that may need to be reinstalled for whatever reason, in the future.

Thanks.

Lyn

When you say "downloads file" do you mean that file that you d/l programs to, and then install from there? If so, yes you can delete them. If not, pleas clarify. If they are the original d/l'd program files, I like to keep them just in case. I do a lot of tweaking and playing around and sometimes can't undo what I did to a program; sometimes a newer version will come out, but then cause problems. By keeping those original files, I can always reinstall that exact version if need be.

If its simply the installer you can... but I'd put the installers on a well labeled floppy if I was you.

If its a TEMP file....sure ... delete them.

Savvy :)

Lyn Patterson

edals and SavvyLady -

This file is the file that the downloads arrive in from the Internet.

From there, I install them.

The thing is, there are lots of files there that I have since uninstalled so don't think it would hurt to get rid of them.

I will probably leave anything I may need to re-install at some stage.

Max19

Account Disabled
If you delete the files you will have to download them again if you want to reinstall the programs. Also, you're downloading files into a FOLDER, not a file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!