Downloads gone

adrian696969696

So i deleted an app called sketchup and after that i go to my file explorer and all of my downloads are gone but the local disk space haven't change idk what is happening
this happened 2 rimes the 1st one is after i update my windowds and now pls help ty iam using windows 10 pro

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The deleted downloads my be in the Recycle bin

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You don't need to download a third-party cleaner in this instance. Disk Cleanup is built into the OS. Nevertheless, this answers the indirect question I had, since files in the Downloads folder could be deleted inadvertently as part of the Disk Cleanup process.

Another alternative to look at is Storage Sense. To do this, left-click on the Windows button and type the word storage. This will bring up a few options but the one you want to click on is Change how Storage Sense frees up space. It should bring up a window like the one shown below, so check to see if the Downloads folder is set to clear files out after X amount of days.

Storage_Sense.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts