downloads too slow!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MrRogers

I download a whole bunch of stuff. and i have a horrible cable company, but i can't change cuz my city sucks (lets not go there) anyway. i want to make my connection faster. i thought about uncapping, but only read about everyone getting caught, and decided thats not good. i am working on cleaning all bad stuff off my computer in other threads, but i have a question about something else

i play games, and sometimes for the higher end games i use alt+ctrl+del, and go to task manager, then find my game and set it to high priority, this causes a jump in fps, and i was wondering, lets say i use... dc++ sharing program to download... wolfenstien enemy territory (it's a sharewaree totally legal!!!) anyway, if i set the dc++ program to high priority will it increase the download rate, or just the program itself?

if it doesn't increase the dl rate, then is there perhaps a dif program that i should set high pri that will?

any other info on makeing your connection faster would also be appreciated.

Perhaps if we knew what download speeds you are getting and what the rating of your connection is, we could help?

For all we know you are getting full speeds for what you are paying for. Or not.

Clairvoyance has failed in this case.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online