1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Downloads..

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Rhettman5.1, Jan 21, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1 Thread Starter

I was wandering around the web the other day and came across another VB board I noticed a Download link at the top and there were links to all the handy programs we all must have and recomend to others... spybot, mailwasher etc, along with the links to the programs.

There were also links to the program tutorials, seems like it would be handy to have that here :)...of course I have NO idea how much work it would entail..probably why it seems like such a good idea :)...Rhett

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Was this the MajorGeeks board? They have something like that
    (have you been haning out at the competition again?)

It wouldnt be that much work. Could even be done by individual members. Set up an email address where anyone can send a prog and quick explanation, paste em all into a web page, and maybe Mike could put a link to it somewhe

3. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1 Thread Starter

I was over at CyberTechs, I am not sure a open list would work, cause I think the "masses" would get into a big hissy fight over what was best! :)
    Just a few , perhaps 1/2 dozen , must have programs that have to be added by the mods :), then we could refer people to the list when they first join... Rhett

4. SexyTech

SexyTech

Great Idea Rhett!

In addition to the downloads, perhaps have a section of "How To's" covering the most common issues...like how to format and reinstall windows, how to update drivers, etc...

I'd volunteer to help out with the list of apps and how-to's!

5. hewee

hewee

rhett that would be good and the thread could locked and stay at the top of each forum so it will alway show up.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice