Solved DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gabrielgranados

Gabriel
When I use Windows 10 sometimes when in using the Google Chrome it freezes and crashes to BSOD with "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION" error, then I restart and I get "Missing Boot MGR". I have another HDD with Windows 7 Ultimate and this problem is inexistent. Also Windows 10 is slow compared with Windows 7 with this PC.

My PC setup:
Motherboard MSI K9N6PGM2-V
CPU AMD Athlon 64 LE-1640 2.6ghz
GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 440 1gb Ddr3
RAM Kingston 2x1gb Ddr2
PSU generic 600w FiveStar
HDD: Western Digital RE4-GP WD2003FYPS 2TB Intellipower 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" (Enterprise Grade) Internal Hard Disk Drive

Shazzalive

Sharron
Maybe you could do with a new PC: It seems that you've been using this PC in question since the days of Windows 7. - If so it's getting old.

Just to notify everybody who is still using Windows 7: -

You have around 11 weeks or so before you hit the deadline at which you should have upgraded to Windows 10 and/or to stop using Windows 7; because Windows 7 will become obsolete and I guarantee you will get huge problems before 2020 is out.

Really - the hackers and scammers are waiting for people who don't bother to upgrade and are still using Windows 7, and they'll have a field day with them: Emptying their bank accounts & stealing their identities.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Clipboard.jpg

2 GB(1 GB X 2) DDR2 RAM

---------------------------------------------------------------

The above is one main reason why your computer is crashing and has the performance of a turtle.

I suggest you purchase a newer and faster refurbished computer which comes with Windows 10 already installed.

gabrielgranados

Gabriel
Maybe you could do with a new PC: It seems that you've been using this PC in question since the days of Windows 7. - If so it's getting old.

Just to notify everybody who is still using Windows 7: -

You have around 11 weeks or so before you hit the deadline at which you should have upgraded to Windows 10 and/or to stop using Windows 7; because Windows 7 will become obsolete and I guarantee you will get huge problems before 2020 is out.

Really - the hackers and scammers are waiting for people who don't bother to upgrade and are still using Windows 7, and they'll have a field day with them: Emptying their bank accounts & stealing their identities.
Hi Shazzalive, thanks for the info, if I cannot solve this problem of Windows 10 I will have to use Windows 7 and that's all because I don't have any other HDD's.
But I think this problem is maybe because of the chipset drivers, my MSI board don't have W10 compatibility for the software, but I have another PC waiting to be used, only cpu and psu is missing to complete it, that PC definitely has the compatibility for W10. Its a gaming PC.

My Gaming PC components:
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE AORUS X470 GAMING 5 WIFI
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB 2X8GB DDR4 3000MHZ
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1060 6GB OC EDITION
CPU and PSU missing because I'm saving money to buy them. But I will have them before 2020. For the processor I will buy the AMD RYZEN 7 2700X and for the power supply is the SEASONIC FOCUS PLUS 650 GOLD (650 watts).

So, what do you think? This error is caused by the chipset drivers or is caused by another problem?

View attachment 272282

2 GB(1 GB X 2) DDR2 RAM

The above is one main reason why your computer is crashing and has the performance of a turtle.

I suggest you purchase a newer and faster refurbished computer which comes with Windows 10 already installed.

I don't want to use the money for my missing gaming pc parts to buy another PC I will not use it in next 2-3 months, so that's why I want to use this turtle PC. Also is not that bad, this 1 core cpu and gt 440 is fine for me to use daily apps and some low graphics games.

Last edited:

Shazzalive

Sharron
So OK - fly in the face of reason for the purpose of saving a little money, and use the obsolete Windows 7 even though the chances are you'll end up with your identity stolen, your bank account emptied, and be left with nothing but debt and a botnet-infested computer full of malware. - 'Your choice.

The computer you're using has hardware that is incompatible with Windows 10. I'm surprised it even works at all. You need a new computer. - End of.

gabrielgranados

Gabriel
So OK - fly in the face of reason for the purpose of saving a little money, and use the obsolete Windows 7 even though the chances are you'll end up with your identity stolen, your bank account emptied, and be left with nothing but debt and a botnet-infested computer full of malware. - 'Your choice.

The computer you're using has hardware that is incompatible with Windows 10. I'm surprised it even works at all. You need a new computer. - End of.
Yeah I need a new computer so bad!
But I cannot do anything unless I buy the cpu and psu for the next pc.
Hopefully all goes fine...

gabrielgranados

Gabriel
Ok, I will mark this post as solved as it didn't have any replies in 18 days...

I thinks my problem was because of one of those two issues:
1-HDD is starting to fail.
2-My actual hardware (and chipset) is not fully compatible with Windows 10.

Thanks for the help Shazzalive and flavallee!

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
When I use Windows 10 sometimes when in using the Google Chrome it freezes and crashes to BSOD with "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION" error, then I restart and I get "Missing Boot MGR". I have another HDD with Windows 7 Ultimate and this problem is inexistent. Also Windows 10 is slow compared with Windows 7 with this PC.

My PC setup:
Motherboard MSI K9N6PGM2-V
CPU AMD Athlon 64 LE-1640 2.6ghz
GPU Nvidia GeForce GT 440 1gb Ddr3
RAM Kingston 2x1gb Ddr2
PSU generic 600w FiveStar
HDD: Western Digital RE4-GP WD2003FYPS 2TB Intellipower 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" (Enterprise Grade) Internal Hard Disk Drive
This is the Windows 7 machine? I would recommend getting the memory maxed, which is 8GB (2x 4GB).

As to the issue, it looks like it's more of a driver issue, primarily with the HDD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online