Dr Watson error connecting to a printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bluemike

I have a Dell printer that I use on several systems (1 directly and 4 over the network).

While the direct USB connected system is able to print just fine, whenever I even attempt to connect to this printer from another machine I get a Dr Watson error stating that DKAAP2PI.exe has encountered an error.

I googled that name, and only got a few Russian sites, so I assume this isn't a terribly common problem. I am pretty that file is one of the Dell driver files. I have already downloaded a fresh driver from Dell and over-wrote the old one.

The printer is shared and Everyone has full permissions on it.

Any ideas?

Personally I have never heard of this Dr Watson error it could be something peculier to Dell.
Were the four networked computers able to use the printer before or has this just happened?
Is the network configured correctly to use the printer?

bluemike

At first I started getting calls that several workstations were having trouble opening Word. It would open and immeadiatly crash with a generic ntdll.dll error. Then I started to get calls that other apps were crashing whenever someone attempted to print anything.

I did a little investigation and determined that the Dell printer was the default printer on all these systems. When I made a different printer the default, the applications started working fine again.

This printer has been in production for more than two years with no problems, so I suspect it might be one of the latest MS updates. But I really don't know....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts