Drag & drop issues. Error & explorer crashes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

XxMattxX

Ok, here's the issue:

Under "My Documents" folder:
Two windows open, one empty for a new file to go into... One with the original file I wish to transfer.

Once the file is dragged & dropped to the empty folder I created in "My Documents", it becomes inaccessible. "C:\\.... Folder is not accessible, Access is denied"

Also if it's a file I moved to a different folder in the "my documents" section, it will no longer open for the same reason. When I use the program pertaining to the specific file to open it, it will tell me that it cannot open that file.

When I try to copy that file, I get an explorer crash and a "send error report" screen. I can't check the error because explorer goes down along with the net. When I check the error report, MS has nothing about this problem in their archives. Can anyone help on this?

run these free tools[adaware , spybot and spyware blaster] -links below--first and we'll then move onto tech solutions if need be.
ps.are you using xp[what are your system specs?]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online