Dragon Disc, InCD packet writing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

armly

After InCD for a number of years, I can say it's average at best.

If there is one area where reliability is an absolute must, it's with backup software/hardware solutions that includes CD/DVD writing software. To say that the Microsoft pre-packed solution is a waste of disc space would be optimistic, I've never had it work and it only errors. Calling Microsoft they suggest I purchase a third party solution to get it to work.
InCD can prove quirky and require tech support to diagnose issues and support is a lost cause. IN fact, they request the user forward issues to Microsoft who will ' forward the issue to Ahead Software'. Right.

Also, they've designed InCd so it will not install on a system already having packet writing software. Who designed this? At times a CD RW disk written to will come back as 'read only' format after being written to a second time.

What about Dragon Disk? I see the company info at http://www.ntius.com/utilities.asp claiming it is playable on any pc with XP/Vista but it is so and is it really UDF compatible to play back all of my InCD's?

Experience tells me to verify claims these companies are making if at all possible before buying.

fairnooks

Banned
Or, like the vast majority of us, you can just use single session, burn once CDs. With USB thumb drives and CDs that cost about 10 cents in volume, any packet-writing software is not worth even the potential headache it might cause.

MysticEyes

Banned
Or, like the vast majority of us, you can just use single session, burn once CDs. With USB thumb drives and CDs that cost about 10 cents in volume, any packet-writing software is not worth even the potential headache it might cause.
Many times when folks have trouble with Nero installed with other burning/converting apps, uninstalling InCD fixes things.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online